If you love skating parks and tricks, chances are you are looking into getting a Stunt Scooter also referred to as ‘Stunts’ or Freestyle Scooters.
Stunts are what you need if you are into bike tricks and want to make use out of your local skating park.
Don’t worry if you aren’t too sure what to look out for when buying one of these; we have you sorted with our stunts buying guide.
What is the Difference Between a Stunt Scooter and a Regular Scooter?
Before we delve into the stunts buying guide, it is important to know the difference between Stunt Scooters and regular Scooters.
A Freestyle Scooter is still a scooter nonetheless. A regular Scooter is designed to take you from one point to another. However, a stunt is designed for all the fun with its structure built for freestyle tricks.
Regular ones offer the following features:
- They come with adjustable handlebars making them height-adjustable.
- They feature springy decks that allow comfortable riding along pavements and other paths.
- Freestyle Scooters also come with wheels in different sizes, and you would go for larger wheels for quicker speed.
Stunts on the other hand offer the following features:
- They come with fixed handlebars for security when performing tricks.
- The deck tends to be on the heavier side to withstand extra pressure.
- Stunts typically come with smaller wheels structured for short speed bursts.
Who Should Use Stunt Scooters?
Anyone who loves Scooters and performing, or learning to show off, tricks at the skating rink can use a stunt.
However, when it comes to children, they are ideal for kids aged 5 and above. Remember that the Freestyle Scooter design factors tricks and jumps in mind; therefore, your child should already be conversant with Fearless Nadia riding scooters and ready to move to the more fun stuff.
If your child shows interest in trying stunts and goes the extra mile to learn them; it’s time to get them a stunt.
A Buying Guide For Stunts
When buying Stunts, or any other gear for that matter, you want to make sure that you are making a worthwhile investment. That is where our simple stunt buying guide come in to help you find the right one.
The first important consideration will be if the Stunt is age-appropriate. For your kid, you want to get one specially constructed for use by children.